Red Heart the Ticker recently completed Year Two of Songs in the Lunar Phase, a second round of our ongoing experiment with a musical CSA. If you were a part of Year One, you know what the experience entailed: each month, on the day of the full moon, we sent you a new Red Heart the Ticker song directly to your inbox, with accompanying pictures, media and descriptions. Like a beer-of-the-month club, like a winter CSA with those boxes of turnips, like a subscription to Town and Country magazine (or perhaps not, so much), a small payment up front bought you a year of sonorous nourishment. We are currently taking a break from the Lunar project in order to focus on a forthcoming album, but hope to someday delve into the Phase again. Stay tuned!
1. We began with the full "wolf moon" on January 15th, 2014. But it's not too late to sign up! We'll send you the songs you missed and go from there!
2. On occasion, during our first year, we would collaborate with other artist friends to place our song and a work of art "in conversation" with each other. For Year Two, we will be presenting this collaborative conversation each and every month. When you sign on for 2014, you can expect to be introduced to at least 12 new works and/or artists alongside the Red Heart tunes. You get to serve as the bridge between the two. What kind of bridge you choose to be, wooden, suspended, steel cable, that?s your deal. We hope you are as excited about this opportunity as we are.
There are now three subscription choices:
1. The basic Songs in the Lunar Phase plan. For $15, you get an mp3 of a new song sent to your inbox every month, along with a corresponding note and picture.
2. Or try the My Heart is Red Too plan. For $25, you get the year’s subscription to the songs, a MHIRT note accompanying the songs each month including the lyrics written out, and a link to download an AIFF file of the song. These CD quality files are substantially larger and, therefore, sound better. (We’ll still send an mp3 file directly in your inbox, so you'll have both).
3. Lastly, there's the This Ol' Ticker has Sailed to the Moon and Back plan. For $50, you get a year’s subscription to the songs, a TOTHSTTMAB note accompanying the songs each month with lyrics included and a link to download an AIFF file of the song (larger files = better sound, though we’ll still send you the mp3 version), your choice of two existing Red Heart CDs or one vinyl copy of Your Name in Secret I Would Write, AND a handwritten letter from us sometime during the year describing something random and/or life-changing from our perspective amidst the craggy, wooded hills of Northern New England.
Well, this is a daunting subject. But let us stick to the short version: we need a little money coming in to be able to have the time and resources to record songs for you. We hope that you will consider one of the plans a reasonable price to pay for the opportunity to have songs sent directly to you on those bewitching days of lunar splendor.
The songs will be sent to the email address you provide as mp3 files. Please make sure your email provider will accept files of around 5 MB, and will recognize an email sent from "email@example.com" going out to a large group of bcc'd individuals. The MHIRT and TOTHSTTMAB plans will also include a download link for an AIFF file of each month's song (these CD quality files are substantially larger and, therefore, sound better).
Yes! When checking out through Paypal, simply put the name and email address of your friend in the "instructions to merchant" section, and indicate that the subscription is for him or her. We will send along an email to your friend explaining the gift. You may choose any of the three subscription plans for your gift. We can also specifically time gift notifications for a specific holiday or birthday.
You can reach us in a variety of ways over at our Contact Page